useless abilities

From: Hughes, Nick <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:48:43 +0100

[moved across to Hero Wars because it seems to belong there]

Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_l...> wrote:

>> > For decorating tombstones, no doubt. White lilies?
>>
>> That's what I love about mailing lists. That one had not even
>> occurred to me yet now that you mention it it's obvious. That gives
>> me the beginnings of a ritual to aid in the Laying of Ghosts.

>Which means, your Humakti CAN get value for money!

Well by comparison with Really Kewl Magic Sword (for example) its not exactly a bargain but then its not supposed to be, its there for fun.

>It can be really surprising how useful obscure abilities can be. My
>warrior has made good use of her 'Ancient Tales of the Sambari'.

Which is why I would always add in a few odd or seemingly useless abilities, you never know when they might come in handy and the delight when they do is far greater than when you use Close Combat for the umpteenth time.

Cheers, Nic