Re: Trade Goods from the Lunar Empire

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:45:54 -0000

I agree that gold and silver are the most likely "exports" for direct trade. I would think that most of the Kralori look to import are more along the lines of exotic raw materials than value added processed goods. i.e. they might be interested in jade, exotic furs, rare wood, etc. But a lot of this stuff may not be practical to transport all the way from the lunar empire. On the other hand, a number of these things may be available in the lands around Kralorela (spelling?), and those folk might be more willing to trade for luxuries from the lunar empire. In other words, you might get a good price on lunar luxuries in Teshnos, and be able to by the exotic tropical hard woods that are all the rage for floors in Kralorela.

Sometimes there is a reason for staged trade...not just that most merchants don't want to make the whole trip, sometimes you need to change trade goods a number of times to make the final deal.

--Bryan