Re: Re: How Lunars shave their faces?: They follow their Goddess

From: con1453_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:21:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/02 2:12:42 PM, jeff.kyer_at_... writes:

<< Not really. Romans became clean shaven in aprox 2nd-3rd centry BC. This is about the time decent steel became availble in small quanties - and when we start to hear of barbers. Before that point, they were more beareded. >>

Roman legions, I always heard, required men to shave because your enemies could grab you by your beard.

By the way, if EVERY MALE has a beard I don't quite understand the special point of LM worshippers having to have them. Yes, yes, I know about women, but that wasn't what was stressed in the original write ups.

In American history, beards came back into fashion as a result of the Civil War. All the presidents from Lincoln on through the next generation had them.

jim Chapin