Re: Re: Reluctant Gamers

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:11:54 -0500

> Also, Robin Laws (a name that should not be entirely unknown to Hero
> Wars fans ;-) ) has written an excellent book expanding on the theme,
> titled 'Robin's Laws of Good GameMastering'. His version has seven types
> of RPGers, and is replete with sensible advice on how to GM for them.

That's one of the things that prompted this line of thought. The ones I know are three power gamers and a butt-kicker, to use Robin's terminology. I can't make up my mind about one of the others that I've gamed with, and the other 3 I don't know about (though I suspect that two of them are storytellers). I'm more the storyteller type, I suppose, with some method-actor thrown in.

It's looking very unlikely that I'll be running a game with this group because of the differences in our attitudes.

Guy