Re: Using Famous Characters

From: con1453_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:44:22 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/02 5:16:06 PM, ghoyle1_at_... writes:

<< How do you deal with the epic characters of the Gloranthan storylines in your campaigns (Argrath, Kallyr, Argrath, Harrek, Argrath, et al.)? Do the characters meet them and join them, or hear stories about them, or do you actually leave them out of the game? >>

In our world, they're there. If people run into them, they run into them (as one of our parties did in that RQA adventure in the siege of Whitewall, and two different parties have done in the case of Gonn Orta, and, of course, a party did in the Cradle adventure). So far, no real interaction. But if a player sets a goal which involves joining one of them on a permanent basis, fine. Looks as if some may choose to join Broyan, and I'm trying to figure out how to keep them alive in a couple of years . . . or not!

Jim Chapin