Re: Dragonkill War Survivors; Reluctant gamers

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:12:15 -0700

Pir asked

> In 1120, the Dragons/Dragonewts kill all humans in Dragon Pass.
> Did they really kill all humans?

No.

> Can we expect that a *troglodyte* tribe (Orlanthi worshipper of the
> Darkest Aspect of Earth Cult) had survived the Dragonkill war in
> Kerofinela Area?

No.

Any surviving humans would have fled (see my Post-Dragonkill game), or died or were hunted down within a few years.

Greg Stafford has been pretty clear that there were no humans in Dragon Pass during the Inhuman Occupation.

Guy

> They regard material components
> for spells as a nuisance, and rarely pay attention to their use. When I
> suggested that the search for material components could be used to start
> some great adventures, they complained that they didn't want to play greedy
> rat-bastards.

I'd complain too, but from the standpoint that spell components are seldom dramatically important. (The Hero Wars rules would treat them like any other piece of equipment: seldom very influential, it's the spell-caster that matters.)

Sounds like Pavis might be the best place to set the game -- they can start out with killing monsters and looting the Big Rubble, and perhaps gradually be caught up in the larger doings of the world. And there's now a bunch of fan material for Pavis, to say nothing of what Moon Design has reprinted (or if you're lucky enough to own some of the original Chaosium supplements like Borderlands).

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>