Re: Daunting Dragon Pas

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 02:50:44 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Guy Hoyle wrote:

> I suspect that finding the right premise for the campaign would help; I
> like the suggestion I received earlier about a warband of Humakti, or maybe
> a band of outlaws or rebels. Any suggestions, though, would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Guy Hoyle

If your playing group isn't too huge, a Goldentongue merhant and his/her assosiates makes for a good way to get into the campaign. Lot's of reason to travel and see sights. A goldentongue get's to talk to a lot of people, feel the atmosphere. Hear and bear the news.

Then as things start to heat up, the characters will have to decide what parts they are to play.

  ***

Lankhor Mhy campaigns are also neat. If you are planning to run the game in Lunar conquered Sartar, they can try to dig out EWF ruins, and othervice seek powers to help their people.

  ***

And of course there's the Cold Wind, and other rebels. Lot's of exciting barbarian action in the tradition of Rob Roy and Bravehart (and Star Wars). Resisting the oppressor, and so on.

Personally I like the period before the conquest. When Sartar still stands but it's doom lays heavily in the air.

        -Adept