Re: Heroquest vs Herowars

From: ferguswindbag <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:43:35 -0000

> <<Is this Hero Wars 2nd Edition?
> No, this is HeroQuest. Hero Wars is now the name of the book series
> for playing HeroQuest in "modern" Glorantha. The Hero Wars
> roleplaying game is no longer in print. >>

> Right? Do you share my understanding? The above sentence is not
> crystalline clear in my opinion.
>
> So the HeroWars RPG is dead, but it is being resurrected to a
> higher/different status?

Call me an old cynic, but... (pause for chorus) The above "No" is best understood as "marketting-speak for 'yes'".

Which isn't to say that the revisions (I'm sure) aren't real, valable, and needed. Or that the name change isn't an altogether good thing, both because it's an excellent rationale for a whole 'relaunch' vibe, and because it's a a better and more apt name.