Re: The Ratuki

From: ferguswindbag <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:00:17 -0000

Nils:

> * Tomikaratra may be giant spirits rather than gods, the

> Ratuki religion is not defined in terms of theism and
> animism

Not defined in those terms? That's hardly allowed, these days, surely? ;-) I was going to suggest, in fact, or at least wonder aloud, if it were perhaps not the case that the Ratuki were not hsunchen precisely because they were theists? If they integrates aspects of a Great Shark Spirit, it's harder still to call them non-hsunchen, surely? (Granted not having the right Green Age credentials might make them "neo-hsunchen" or some such alarming concept...)

Cheers,
Alex.