Re: Uz!

From: ferguswindbag <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:41:03 -0000

Mark G:
> Yeah, well. Let me be blunt, Issaries doesn't have the kind of spare
> grain that WotC and the like have to support lots of freebies. I've
> told Greg more than once that I think Issaries is too generous for
> its own good with free support material.

In most cases, I think you have that backwards. If Issaries had more spare dosh, perhaps it could afford to (re-)publish more of the material, rather than making it web available. What's the alternative? Wait until "next year" before making the stuff available at all? In terms of product support and momentum for the game that would be a _disaster_. The GTA is a possible route, but that also carries the risk of sending out a "Tekumelesque clique" message.

I'm all for -I-I- realizing as much on their assets as they possibly can. And I'm sure that for the most part, Gloranfans are more than happy to be parted with their money to support the line. We can speculate madly as to the best way to do this, but it would be a little harsh to characterise people keen to see the material as freeloaders, or web-disseminators of it as spendthrifts.

Cheers,
Alex.