Big Changes for The Unspoken Word! (1)

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 06:09:28 -0000

Where to begin? After all, we have an ambitious range of products in the works, from further books to CDs of images to use in play, so we have had to make some changes...
  1. BOOKS, NOT MAGAZINES
We have decided to rationalise our books and magazines. It makes little sense to run in parallel `books' and `magazines' which have essentially the same size and format, especially as we planned for future issues of UW to be perfect bound, as will our books. So, we are going to stop producing The Unspoken Word as a magazine *as such*, but instead roll our planned future issues (such as UW3 - the Far Place) into our book series. There will still be a `series' in that we will number them consecutively and you can subscribe to guarantee prompt access to the latest in Gloranthan wonder (see below).

What will this mean for existing subscribers? Nothing, really, as they will receive the same number of books as they were due magazines, but this will mean that we are not trying to run two separate but pretty much identical lines. We will also not be pretending to have a regular production schedule - after all, this is a part-time, non-profit-making venture, and we have to be realistic about what we can and cannot promise.

That said, we have high hopes for a relatively quick turnaround on our forthcoming books. Currently being worked on are 'In Wintertop's Shadow: life and adventure among the Tarsh Exiles' by Ian Cooper, 'Imther: Edge of Empire' by Harald Smith and Martin Crim and 'The Far Place', an anthology of articles and scenarios set in thus turbulent region of Dragon Pass. All three will be out this year, while we are also working on a follow-up to the celebrated Uz book (which will include a poster-sized map of Dagori Inkarth) and much more.

Future books (after UW2 - The Thieves' Arm) will be perfect-bound (except for smaller ones bundled with other products), with highquality  colour covers. As a result, the standard price will rise slightly to the same as we charged for Uz.

Existing subscribers will thus get even better value for their early expression of confidence in our line; but everyone can benefit from money-saving subscriptions. Take one out today and guarantee you the next three books (probably 'In Wintertop's Shadow', 'Imther' and 'The Far Place', but we reserve the right to amend our schedule).

Prices are:

UK/Europe
Single Book: £8 (sterling cheque), $12 (using PayPal) 3-Book Subscription: £21 (sterling cheque), $32 (PayPal)

Rest of the World
Single Book: £9 (sterling cheque), $14 (PayPal) 3-Book Subscription: £25 (sterling cheque), $38 (Paypal)

We can accept Sterling Cheques made out to `M Galeotti & S Bray' and posted to The Unspoken Word, PO Box 278, Madeley, Crewe CW3 9YY, UK, or else PayPal transactions using a credit card (see www.PayPal.com) at the above rates sent to the account Mark_at_....uk. An increasing number of games shops and on-line retailers also stock our products.

Mark

Mark Galeotti

The Unspoken Word
http://www.celtic-webs.com/theunspokenword