Re: Far Point Area Maps

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 08:17:18 +1000

Gedday Stephan

> I'm looking for detailed maps of the Far Point area of Dragon Pass,
> especially the area around the Hidden Valley [Alone] and the tribes
> that live there: Tres, Amad, Bachad.

At present, the Trollpak map is the most detailed for the Far Place. Both Unspoken Word: Far Place and the Sartarite Gazeteer project will present the area in far greater detail.

> The Questlines articles on this part of Sartar mention some places
> ["Ghost Gors"] I couldn't locate on either map so I wonder if there's some
map(s) I may
> have missed.

The Ghost Gors are just to the North-West of Chalk Man Valley. It is the site of the defeat of a Lunar force in 1607. - when 3,000 Lunar infantry were trapped in the forest during
Dark Season and harassed by Orlanthi tribesfolk. The regimental Silver Crescents and magic
implements are still out there. "Helden" describes the area in a little more detail.

The other major area not found on existing maps is Gamla's Leap - site of a major massacre of Orlanthi by Gargarthi and 'Bigger Wind' forces during the Righteous Wind. It is in Tres lands, in the Sheep of Luck / Perilous Hills north of Amadhall.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

"Each to his creed," said Yaotl. "So do men choose between hope and despair."

"Yes, creeds mean very little," Coth answered the dark god, still speaking almost gently. "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. So I elect for neither label."