Humaki

From: Dougie <dougiepunk_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 17:29:12 +0100

oops, I sent the whole digest back last time - sorry

anyway,

>"Do Of course there are, but 85% of Orlanthi society is made up of
>regular people who farm/herd/whatever and only pick up their weapons
>on ford practice day. For those people the prospect of taking on a
>Humakti in a fight is not an appealing one.you want to make it impossible
for anyone to >oppress his fellow-man? Then make sure that no one shall possess power."

but that is what clan / tribal champions are for isn't it? Go to uncle Stoutsword Foebane and ask him to persue the case on your behalf..

 >Trial by combat is pretty
>much perfectly designed to work in favour of the way Humakti fight
>and the way their magic works.

in most anolgous RW legal systems (eg Icelandic or Saxon) I think I'm right in saying that you could chose a champion to take your part in a trial by combat (assuming you can find someone) .. and even a clan champion could take out a strppling Humakti... if you have a problem with a powerful Humakti then appeal to the cheif or one of his champions..

Dougie.