(no subject)

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:31:01 EDT

I am looking for some inspiration for the next episode of my campaign. The Heroes are a motley band of assorted types that have been brought together by the unifying magic of Lord Pavis. (the game is set during the founding of the city). In a relatively shameless duplication of "the Cradle" scenario I have had the Heroes help build and man a Cradle down the river, with the assistance of Giant Ants (rather than Piglings), a Magic plant (replacing the Horn of Slops) and pig sized aphids (replacing the Nursemaid). The next phase takes them through Feroda and out onto the oceans, where Lord Pavis has instructed them to defend it against Wachaza Pirates and other godlearner pirates, monsters from the deeps, and any other oceangoing dangers. The biggrst danger of all is the Pool into which I hope they will go. I now need some way of tempting them into hell with the Baby Giant, and then a way to get out of hell.

I have a couple of Horse Nomads, a Jrusteli Sorceror, a devotee of the Blue Moon, a Mostali-friendly human, and an Elmali chieftan. They are all part of a Hero Band with an Emanation that gives them a Group Consciousness, a rallying cry ("united we stand") and a goal ("for the new world!").

What I am after is a way of running the Escape from Hell in such a way as to use the Heroes own myths for their own escapes, for example I understand the Blue Moon climbs out of Hell up the Sky Dome, I think Yu-Kargzant probably fights monsters of darkness from the underworld (but I cannot find any reference for this) and eventually emerges mounted on a fiery steed. I am a bit stuck for Sorcerors and Elmali in the Underworld as they don't appear to go there very often, in fact Elmal specifically stays behind while sorcerors seem to shrivel up and have no magic. The Giant Baby has appropriate digging technology (giant pick and shovel) and the Giant Ants are involved in the Uz escape from Hell.

Other than ideas for getting out of Hell, I wondered if there were any ideas fot adventures while in the underworld. I thought I might try a bit of the Deshkorgos underworld but this doesn' t seem all that appropriate somehow. It makes the escape from Hell a rather bland affair as well in my opinion.

Keith