Re: Humakti in court

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:43:42 -0000

> I suspect there are few enough old Humakti, not that I think there
> are that many old Heortlings in general.

I suspect that there will be more than in analagous earthly cultures.

Healing magic means that disease doesn't quite so reliably kill off older folk, and magic will help offset the loss of physical vigour to some degree. I suspect wizened old humakti should inspire just as much concern in HW as a wizened old man in a simple robe would in a martial arts game--he may not be able to stand up to an army any more, but you really don't want to give him one clean shot at you.

Outside of combat some of the same will be true. You are less apt to die from the rigours of farming when your relationship with Barntar noticeably helps you with the hardest tasks.

Mostly though I'm sure this is a YGMV sort of thing.

--Bryan