Re: Sons of Palashee

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:16:20 -0000

Mick Rowe wrote:

> Why did Blond Arim have Lunar support?

Blond Arim's Lunar magical support is my reading of CHoDP on this:

"In 1455 Erantha Gor was defeated and killed by Blond Arim, the general of the lowland armies... The army marched on the Shaker Temple, which closed itself up. Under the diversion of an attack, some Lunar sorcerers sneaked into the temple and murdered the daughters of Erantha Gor and many others."

Lunar magical support is probably not the Empire but Sylila at this point (there is a nomad called Sheng Seleris causing a lot of trouble) indeed in 1458 "an army from Sylila plundered Talfort and other important cities" and after Blond Arim's death "Some of the cities rose in rebellion and killed their Sylilan occupiers"

> I don't actually want a new queen, IMO questing for a male heir is
> more homourous.

It is your Glorantha. KoS is vague, probably intentionally so, in order to allow many possible Glorantha's to exist in individual games. I hope not to break anyone's game with IWS, but frankly go with the reading that enables you to tell stories you want in your game.