Re: Digest Number 860

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:49:21 +0100 (BST)

Mick:
>Where do the Kerofini come from?

>t is my understanding that four kerofini tribes/clans
have been published - The Mitchuinn, Hendarli, Marantaros and Iristaros.As I understand it:- The Mitchuinn originated in the Dara-Ni confederation

Look on the Lunar Map in Sylila along the Erinflarth river. Also see
http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/hle-2wane.html#conquering-daughter

and

http://www.celtic-webs.com/glorantha/middle/tarsh/tarsh.html

>The Hendarli are "of the noble blood" so I assume
they are descended directly from Arim the Pauper.

Well their noble blood is relaed to the fact that Illaro comes from the Hendarli clan. whoc are by inference part of the Kerofini tribe. I assume in In Wintertop's Shadow that the Hendarli were a Kerofini clan who rose to become a tribe when swelled with refugees from the defeats up to and including Grizzly Peak(Kerofini becomes an overtribe like the Aldachuri).

>But I cannot find any reference to the origins of the
Marantaros or Iristaros.

The Marantaros are identified with the 'clan whose women take scalps' the Iristaros with Irist Hold. In 'In Wintertop's Shadow' I propose that they are, like the Hendarli, former Kerofini clans that have swollen to become tribes.

The current draft has proposed changes to the clan generator from OiD which will allow you to figure out your clan's history and involvement in Tarshite politics.

The current draft is also too long, so what finally appears is obviously subject to the fine edge of Mr Galeotti's editorial knife ;-)

And yes, in case you missed the first time I do describe Headtaking, scalping, and other 'dark' practices.

However its all just IMO, you should always go with a vision that fits your Glorantha.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com