Re: Headhunters

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:39:19 EDT

In a message dated 22/05/02 07:36:17 GMT Daylight Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< agree with this sentiment. Thanatari as an Orlanthi regiment does  not sound right, no matter what the mitigating circumstances are.  I believe that in ancient times head taking was a common event among  the Orlanthi that died out as Heort introduced new laws for the  Orlanthi to follow and they became more civilised. >>

And here was me thinking the Headhunters were Argrath's recruitment agency. I'm kind of on the fence on this one. I like Nick's story, but if I were running a storyline that included the Headhunters it would be nice to have some of them (or even all of them) as Thanics or Thanatari, as either a surprise for the players, a crisis for the players to ignore or solve, or just some sort of moral question - they're as mean as Thanatari but they're OK just because.

Any excuse for the Thantar cult is good for me though, and all of my heads.

Keith