Re: Re: Baron's Friends

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:55:49 -0700

At 02:57 PM 5/23/02 +0000, you wrote:

> > That's not persuasive for the Swordbrothers is a Humakti regiment
> > yet they don't have the power to kill their enemies with a glance in the
> > DP sense. The Bullocks are associated with Storm Bull but have no
> > special power against chaos.

>This is the first I've heard that these units are associated with
>inividual cults.

Well, the units concerned are formed Praxian secret societies according to the Dragon Pass rulebook (p31). Since the Puppeteer Troupe is associated with Donandar and the Sun Dome Templars with Yelmalio. I don't see how what I said above is previously unknown.

>Storm Bull and Humakti abilities can be more easily represented as a
>high Combat Factors

One would still expect the Humakti not to serve alongside Zombies and the Storm Bullies to go charging after chaos whenever possible. Likewise the Thieves Arm should have good ambush skills. But since these are not possible under the Dragon Pass rules, it seems silly to say that members of these units do not have any such association.

--Peter Metcalfe