Re: Head Taking (was Baron's Friends)

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:46:15 -0700

Nic

> Head-taking was a feature of Celtic society although apparently
> restricted to warriors, it would be a pity to exclude such a juicy
> bit of cultural nastiness from Heortling culture. There may also be

Hey, everything cool can't be part of Heortling culture. Save some for the rest of the world! (Greg has bought this argument when I used it on him, and also essentially used it on me.)

In my Glorantha, head-taking is part of the East Ralian culture (it's probably too old-fashioned for the Lankst folk).

For all we know, any scattered clans in Dragon Pass that still take heads may have their origins in Ralios (probably during the Imperial Age, when there was more cross-region traffic).

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>