Re: Baron's Friends

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:43:07 -0000

Oliver Bernuetz wrote:
> Another possibility that occurs to me is that perhaps there's
something equivalent to the Peaceful Cut that a head taker could use to free the spirit/soul thus turning it into nothing more than a trophy.

Maybe. I hesitate to give partial explanations however for IWS I have a draft that mythically relates head (or other trophy) taking to Maran's taking of Barntar as a thrall to aid in her the conflict against chaos (see Ernalda Feeds The Tribe) and I have a ritual to free the trapped breath which mirrors the sacrifice to appease/thank Maran for releasing Barntar ( a few drops of your own blood spilled on the head).

But 'tis just my opinion and it has to get past the editor yet.

Take care,