Re: Sounds of exile drums

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:02:08 -0000

Mick Rowe wrote:
> In Ian cooper's piece in UW1 on the Tarsh Exiles he implies that
the exiles use drums to send out news or call men to battle eg. ".... The drums beat out the Tars Gor, the call to war...."

Not my idea originally - very cool, but comes from Tarsh War by Chris Gidlow, Dan Barker and Nick Brooke
(http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/products/tarshwar.htm).

> Does anyone who know the God of Drumming is in exile society?
I assume that Maran (the pounding active earth) is the goddess of the drums for them (though I have not yet written up a hero cult for that - probably should). I believe there is a slighty different take on a drum god on Wesley's site. That's as it should be - different groups all claiming different sources of inspiration for drums.

> Also, following on from the headhunting discussion. If you accept
that the exiles sometimes take heads, do they also use the skin of their enemies as the drum's skin?

Yep, but the most sacred drums are from the skins of Quakebeasts.

Take care,