Re: re: Getting ahead with Vinga

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:23:19 +0100

On Fri, 24 May 2002 18:03:58 -0000, "morganconrad" <morganconrad_at_...> wrote:

>"Also, Vinga can gain powers from a vanquished foe..."
>
>Maybe John is being tongue in cheek, especially considering his title
>line, a direct copy of the Thanatar cult slogan, but just what is the
>difference between a Thanatari and a Vingan in this headtaking
>matter?

Well, one principal difference is that the Vingan leaves the head dead. The Thanatari doesn't so much steal a power as enslave your soul. Gaining powers by vanquishing a foe and carrying/ritualising/eating a bit of it is traditional to lots of folks.

having said that, I'm not so sure where he's getting this idea of Vinga gaining power by capturing heads...

Wulf