A strange moment

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:54:14 -0400

Warstory alert. You have been warned. It may, however, amuse folks.

Last week, the playtest group actually decided to think ahead. Realizing that the Lunars were eventually going to figure out just how non-compliant with Imperial Directives they had been, they realized the following:

  1. They couldn't stand against the empire (hey, this is a quantum leap in player cleverness)
  2. The Clan would probably exile them to save themselves from Imperial Reprisals
  3. Much to their surprise, they had no problems with this "As long as my wife and kid are okay, I suppose I don't care what happens to me."

They realized that Something Would Have To Be Done.

Great plans ensued. Being wise (or at least clever) the Heroes decided to set up a few guerilla caches about the countryside in places where they could get some money and equipment should they have to leave home abruptly. And if they did that, they would need supplies.

Our Humakti and The Resident Vingan gathered up all the second best armour and equipment. The Hunter Not-Twins realized that we had to find a safe place to hide this material. Fortunately, we had some chests lying around -- probably from Whiteye's Lair. And, better yet, the Newtlings of Rainbow Mound would be happy to guard our material.

But to make matters a bit sweeter, we make sure that we have some trade goods to give the little fishy guys.

At this point, speaking slowly, the Lankor Mhy, who had arrived late said...

LM: "Let me get this straight. We are going to fill some old chests with money and items."
Group: "Right."
LM: "We are going to haul them up to an old cave complex and hid them there.
Group: "Yes.
LM: "We're going to hire a bunch of monsters to guard them until we need them.
Group: "Uh-huh.
LM: Why do I think we are doing this backwards? We're stocking a *&%$ dungeon!

The game collapsed for 40 minutes.

Jeff