Re: Getting ahead with Vinga

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:01:05 -0000

Well, it was not my intention to suggest they gained any power or ability _from_the_head_ - they might gain a reputation, or some such indirect benefit, I agree.

> >Are Vinga and Humakt both privvy to head taking magic?
>
> >All of a sudden they are in my Glorantha...
>
> ...and applying a little mythologic to the sources by way of
example as to
> how the vingan cult in a particular clan or tribe *might*
incorporate head
> taking into their mythos.

With that I agree, but my intention here was they should have magic to take the heads with _no_ consequences - quite the opposite of Thanatari, magic to take heads and appease/subdue any remnants of the head's 'former owner'.

I don't say Vinga CANNOT take power from an enemy's head - but I don't like the imnplications. I DO like the idea she takes trophy heads, and would be quite happy to find she had magic to send the soul/spirit out of the middle world straight away.

Wulf