Re: Orlanth's Mother: Kero Fin

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:50:38 -0000

I'm not the expert, but I'll one detail: Kero Finn is also called "wintertop." I believe the peak is permanently covered in snow, and I think there is a goddess of mountain cold (I don't have references with me, but the name Inortha comes to mind, not sure if that is right), who lives there. So for certain they have to deal with the extreme cold on top of Kero Finn.

Also, I believe Kero Finn is taller than any mountain on earth, so think taller than Everest. In Glorantha breathing may not be a problem (since Orlanth is so associated with Kero Finn I'm sure the air isn't weak), but the cold and winds should be feirce. Also I think it is quite steep--all the artwork shows it shaped like a needle almost. So I think at least the upper parts are very steep.

I'm sure others can add more detail.

--Bryan
.