Polaris/Rigsdal - separated at birth?

From: alexei mcdonald <alexei_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:59:23 +0000

What is the connection between Polaris and Rigsdal? I assumed that they were different gods drawing on the same mythic source, the Pole Star, just as Elmal and Yelmalio draw on the light of the sun.

However, I've recently been rereading King of Sartar, and am wondering about the part where Kallyr seems to usurp the Polaris rituals to summon the Brown Dragon. This suggests to me a stronger link than the sources I've seen indicate. Can anyone throw any light on this?

Alexei