Re: Belintar/Ezkankekko

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 09:27:18 +0100

> What is the tournament of the Lord of Luck and Death?

A contest among the inhabitants of the Holy Country for the honour of providing Belintar's new body (while your own soul ascends to a blissful afterlife). It takes place on the Hero Plane.

> Why Belintar did not reincarnate/take new body in 1616ST ?

Jar-Eel ambushed and killed him on the Hero Plane during the Tournament.

> If my memory did not go wrong, I read that he has been slain
> by Jar-Eel the Razoress.
> Is it true ? If true why did she does that ?

To destabilise the Holy Country and prepare the way for a Lunar invasion (and, in the short term, a very successful plan it was, too).

> I believe Uz would be happy to be avenged from the killing of
> Ezkankekko.

Undoubtedly, but Jar-Eel got there first.

> Is Ezkankekko really killed or held somewhere (in an hell,
> like Sheng Seleris) ?

IIRC, the official version is that he is really and permanently dead. Personally, I find it more interesting to assume that he isn't, and that heroes of the right bent could get the chance to try and bring him back (though this will obviously not be at all easy...) He's probably underneath the Tarpit or something IMG.

> As he always follow the way of cooperation, has he really
> send monsters/daimons to kill Belintar ??

Not to my knowledge. Indeed, while he may not be dead IMG I don't think he's capable of doing much right at the moment :-)

> Is it posible that Belintar is a surviving God Learner as
> could be Delecti ?

Given that Gloranthans don't know his origin, I suppose its possible, yes (and if it works in your game, go for it). But canonically, he seems to have come from the future, not the past.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

MXLPs: 3 (Cap'n Q, Harvey Mills, Tim Hall)