Re: Feats, What the?

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 06:40:42 -0000

In the storytelling part of the game, the players decide what they want the feat to do, while the narrator ensures that their description of the feat effects "fits" the feat name and affinity name.

I.e. you make it up.

This is one of the reasons that I like the system, as my character can get do some very interesting things that would take several books to write detailed prescriptive spell rules for. However, this kind of system does not suit everyone - particularly simulationists.

The other benefit of making it up is that affinity and feat lists are short, leaving plenty of room for either interesting background or more affinity and feat lists.

Greg Stafford wrote a story (at
http://www.issaries.com/hw/javern_sunsetleap.html ) that describes, in Glorantha, how the Sunset Leap feat has been used. He has also noted that the story does not list all possible uses - there are many more ways that the feat can be used.

regards,
Charles