Re: cold Dragon Pass

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:07:11 -0700

Morgan wrote:

> "DP is cold by the standards of many Imperial homelands,"
>
> Is this true? Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but Pameltela is hot,
> the White Sea is has ice, so northern Peloria is definitely very
> cold, Ralios is specifically described as "moderate" in temp, so
> logically (as far as logic applies to Glorantha) DP should also be
> fairly moderate temperature, warmer than Peloria, if you aren't
> counting the highest mountains.

I've always used that logic too, but Dragon Pass (the literal pass) is part of the continental divide -- since the Oslir originates in the Dragon Pass region, it is all at a higher elevation than most Imperial homelands. Plus you must get a lot of cloud and winter spirits (or daimones, if you must) from Wintertop.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>