Re: Narrative Simulationism

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:54:38 +0100

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:37:39 EDT, Svechin_at_... wrote:

>For example, when we were writing the Yanafal cult for the ILH, we realised
>that if writers were prepared to spend signficant time and effort on
>detailing Humakt and his role in society and myth, then it would be a sad cop
>out to say "Yanafal is Humakt" when any reasonable examination of his origins
>and history would show that he is not. There may be similarities of course
>but it would be doing a huge disservice to that aspect of Glorantha to not
>detail it with the same seriousness and effort that we afford the Heortlings
>for example.

That is, of course, the other side to the same problem. We now have two full books of detail on an area only 100 miles or thereabouts in it's greatest dimension. Now we have the Lunar Empire...

The excessive depth and volume of detail so far has doomed the rest of the world either to inadequacy or a decades-long printing schedule...

Wulf