Re: Humakti acceptability

From: andyhoward39 <ahoward39_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:04:33 -0000

Keith wrote:

> As an aside, am I the only Glorantha fan who thinks that Humakt is
one of the
> most tedious cults that recieves an incredible amount of bandwidth
for the
> relatively few psychopathic and dangerous fanatics who are in the
thrall of
> Death?

Howdy Keith. I won't tell Nick you said that!

Like a lot of extreme archetypes, I think Humakt has an attractive mystique as a concept. But I'd like to see a player run a proper Humakti (or Uroxi berserker, for that matter) as a "psychopathic and dangerous fanatic" for once, rather than a bloke with superior combat abilities.

As an experiment I ran what I thought to be a <i>proper</i> Storm Khan as a "friendly" NPC in an RQ campaign a few years ago. The PCs spent most of the adventure trying to avoid him, even at the expense of completing the scenario. I quite liked him though.

Andy