A brief sidetrack

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:56:18 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Wulf Corbett wrote:

<snip>
> it's one thing I've learned from Live RolePlaying particularly. When
> several people actually stand around yelling at one another wielding
> weapons (even latex and foam ones), it's immensely easy to immerse
> yourself in the feeling of threat. Sitting around a table, acting more
> civilised, it's far harder. I don't intend to start yelling and
> throwing things, however :-)
>
> Wulf

Another thing one learns from live playing, is that bluffing and intimidation is much easier than one thinks. In tabletop RPG things seem to be more distant and people have time to think.

In a live game, all you need is credibly buff manner or enough percieved ruthlessness, and practically everybody is cowed. Funny...

I suppose the thing to learn for HW game is that the Narrator should remember that real people are timid and cautious. Somebody brandishing weapons and acting threateningly usually get's his/her way.

To quoute Nanny Ogg's cookbook on etiquette "Bladed weapons get addressed as sir, sometimes even milord."

        -Adept