Re: Solung

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:15:19 -0700

At 05:57 PM 6/18/2002 -0000, you wrote:
>I have drawn a map of Esrolia and it will be available soon as a fan-
>contribution but there is still one point of discussion we have not
>resolved (french Glo mailing list) : the place of the city of Solung.
>It appears to be on the Gorphing River in TradeTalk 4-5 and 10, but
>this is very far from the Solung Plateau...
Much closer than, say, Washington state is to Washington, D.C.

>Our proposition was to place this city on the southern side oh the
>Shining River...

YGMV, but in my Glorantha such placement would be an error. Unless of course you are taling about a (heretofore unknown) Solung-on-Shining.

>I don't have the RuneQuest Companion with original (official) maps.
>Anyone does ?

I have one. It's on the south side of the Gorhping River.

>Any ideas ?

Solung was a man, a hero. He founded a city. He held out against his foes on the plateau.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>