Re: Greg's Comments

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:17:40 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2002-06-21-0915.

morganconrad wrote:
> Eurmali are tolerated cause they tend to do less damage and have
> explicitly accepted the hegemony of Orlanth. In the new scheme of
> things, Humakti do more damage and don't have any "obey Orlanth"
> clause. (Am I missing something?) Even Uroxi are better, at least
> they only kill innocents when drunk...

I have to disagree here.
Eurmali are the BIGGEST cause of troubles and woe. Eurmal did uncover death and set it loose upon the world. Like the RW mythology of the Trojan War Eris (Goddess of Strife, Trickster) is the instigator of the 'Judgement of Paris' by throwing down the golden apple with the words 'for the fairest' at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. The judgement of Paris started the whole of the Trojan war, caused Odysseus to wander the Mediterranean sea, to cause Aeneas to found the city of Rome and we know what damage that city caused in the world's historic events. [All IMHO as I am no scholar of Mythology, just a humble reader of it.]

Eurmali, even when bonded, may not physically cause damage but they can set things in motion so that everybody else smashes, kills and destroys. And that does not only include the Uroxi and Humakti but about everyone else as well.

Just my 2p.

Cheers Darran.

... Aeolia, where the storm-clouds have their home, a place teeming with furious winds from the south. Here Aeolus is king, and in a vast cavern he controls the brawling winds and the roaring storms, keeping them curbed and fettered in their prison. Resentfully they rage from door to door in the mountainside, protesting loudly, while Aeolus sits in his high citadel, sceptre in hand, taming their arrogance and controlling their fury.

                        Virgil.  The Aeneid.