Re: YGWV. Greg's Further Comments

From: vingo_france <vingo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:11:24 -0000

I feel this as coming back to former cult writeup (RQ Gods of Glorantha).
I haven't this book beside me, but I can remember something like: "most everyone will cross the street to avoid to be near them"

I can't remember exactly but things went further: "People enter their home at the arrival of a servant of death" Or "People leave(running?) a street taken by an Humakti" In french Oriflam edition, it's something like that.

Could someone bring back description to confirm my words?

First time I play a humatki initiate, just after initiation; I received new clothes: a black coat (of frieze?). I was happy to become a servant of death, to wear dark clothes, but I was unable to imagine that consequences on other people could be so strong:
It was very pleasant on one hand (give fear) and on the other very disarming (be alone). People were running inside their home, close their doors and shutters. Some stay petrified in the street...
As I was arriving tranquilly.

It was surprising, but very pleased too, because it was so strong. I also understood that my character had entered a new world/new point of view. He left almost everything.

With a look back, I am even more happier now. Because I know that it was close to GS recent "divine corrections". ;)

Wilfried Hallier
Vingo
Paris, France.