RE:Re: Humakti again (longish)

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_...-online.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 00:07:02 +0100

> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:15:59 -0700
> From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
> >weilder of death and witherer of crops/lions" etc way
> often presented on
> >this list (and apologies to Nic whose comments I used to
> try and explain my
> >views)..
> I respect your opinion, mind you. But in my Glorantha
> Humakt = death. He's
> not the normal warrior, he's not the guy who does what he
> has to. He is a
> dead man, working for Death.

Possibly to put it another way.

To become Humakti is to be in love with Death.

This may be platonic or not. It can certainly have a number of forms of expression.

It may be one of a number of different aspects of Death. To some Humakti Death is a good thing, an end to toil and pain. To others it is the obliteration of their enemies. To some it is an Art form. To others a philosophical necessity.

That's scary enough, but what really terrifies people is that:

Death loves them back. And He's a jealous spouse.

Adam Canning

--
"I have this feeling something is terribly wrong." Londo Mollari
"You are at war with everyone in the known universe, perhaps you were