Humakti mercenary captain.

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:27:31 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, giangero wrote:

> Another Giovanni, but the question was:
>
> with the current attitude on Humakti, can you (still) portray them as
> mercenary war-captains, beloved and respected by their (non-humakti)
> subordinates?
> A mercenary condottiero was usually a hard man caring for his men
> (since they were his source of revenue besides being his friends).
> Can a Humakti share this way of thinking?

In normal times the Hortlings follow the way of Barntar (friendly fisticuffs and wrestling) or Orlanth (raiding and defending against monsters), but at war they follow the way of Humakt the Sword, and that is the way of death.

So I don't think a humakti mercenary captain would have it very easy on peaceful years, but when people are going to war, the they _want_ death, and I think they would follow a humakti leader.

When you set out to deal death, you must be prepared to reap it in return sometimes, but at a battlefield the way of humakt is more comforting than the way of Orlanth.

        -Adept