Re: YGWV. Greg's Further Comments

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:29:21 -0000

> The Medici were the Lords of Florence (neither merchants nor
> warriors) in the XV century, but in later times Florence was
absorbed
> by the Pontifex State.

AFAIK, Roman Popes: Alexander VI Borgias (1492-1503), Julius II(1503- 13), Leo X Medici (1513-21), Clemens VII Medici (1523-34). Black Condottiere was named for wearing Black after the death of Leo X.

He died in the Battle just before the Suck of Rome (1527). (Indro Montanerri)

> Giovanni dalle Bande Nere was a XVI century de' Medici who did the
> Condottiero job (il mestiere delle armi) for Pope Alexander VI
Borgia
> (or his predecessor or his successor, I'm not sure). A son of
> Alexander VI (yes, this pope had sons and daughters, Lucretia
Borgia
> is one) was Cesare Borgia, nicknamed the Valentino, whose acts as a
> Lord and as a Condottiero inspired Machiavelli for his works.

Anyway, I don't think DP is so sophisticated (degenerated?) by civilzation as Renaissance Italian city states. And 17C Sartari don't use to rely on Proxy War through wealth and religious? authority. (Safelster is more appropriate for such situation.)

But I think many patriots of Sartar exiled after their country was occupied by minions of Chaos...and fled to Prax or Heortland and serve as a sort of mercenaries like David do while King Saul drove him from his Kingdom of Israel. And they wait chance to return home and rebel against Lunars again.

TI