Re: A humakti ambush

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:15:33 -0000

> > What if said foe decides to run away very quickly?
> >
> > --Peter Metcalfe

I suppose the Humakti would look rather foolish, assuming he realy did want to kill the guy.

> That's a very good guestion. I suppose they would not be concidered
> worthy of killing then.

> ...If it was a particularily nasty foe, and the
> humakti was powerful enough, it could be time for the Swordbreaker
> curse.

Are you *serious*? Even fleas merit the attention of the Big H! Sounds like a pretty limp atempt at an excuse, to me.

> Since the fight (and challenge) was to be in the name of Humakt, it
> would be possible to try to curse the coward that fled.

Well, if he's not a Humakti that might be quite difficult, as he's not necesseriuly broken any oath, or code of behaviour recognised by him, or his society, or religion. Nothing to stop you trying to curse him anyway, I suppose. It's not _quite_ the same as killing him though, is it? Especialy if he carries on committing whatever 'crimes' the Humakti wanted to kill him for in the first place.

> But for the most part, I think running away would work just fine.

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of an ambush though.

Simon Hibbs