Re: [stormsteads] Who gets to be on the ring...

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 01:15:30 -0000

"You must obey your leader you chose." (I can't remember the precise phrase in KODP....)

In Thunder Rebels, (though I don't have archives at hand just now.) there is description how to choose chieftains. (But "there is always another way" for making bad leader and straying out from "just" Orlanthi custom....)

In Enclosure #2, David Dunham wrote about mythical role of "Ring" in Orlanthi Society. (IIRC, so Greydogs always hold Minlister in their Ring.) Chiefs choose his (her) Ring members.

Dara Happans (and...Lunars?) have different set of POV for the role of their leader. (Please see "Cosmic Kingship" in Wyrms Footprint and writings of Jeff Richard if you want to know more.)

I think both of sides believe their own way is best and another is Unreasonable and Evil.

TI

P.S BTW, I have finished revision of Japanese version Glorantha Heroes List by David Dunham.