Re: Who gets to be on the ring...

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:00:54 -0700

Tim

>It is unusual for the type of ring to change once a Clan is
>established, since it's rituals will be built up around the ring.

Our Orlanthi games pre-dated Barbarian Adventures, but I think it's unusual for the type of ring to remain constant. The chieftain determines the ring form frequently, to accomodate shifts in politics. For example, if a family rises to prominence and needs to be on the ring, the chief will shuffle the ring so that a member of that family can be given representation.

And yes, this assumes that the important family has suitable religious leaders -- but that's part of the chief's challenge.

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html