RE: Re: A humakti ambush

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:29:42 +0100

Stephen writes:

> No. He'd just follow him. And follow him. And keep following
> him, until he caught up with him again. Then he'd kill him.

I'm reminded of that old Arab story about the man who tries to flee Death:

        'The Sultan was residing in his palace in Baghdad, when his favorite son came running in from the garden. He begged his father for the fastest horse from the stable so he could ride to Damascus. "I was in the garden just now", the boy said, "when Death appeared and stalked me. I must flee to Damascus." The Sultan gave his son the horse. After the boy had left, the Sultan went into the garden. There he found Death still loitering. The Sultan confronted Death, saying "How dare you threaten my son?" "My lord I didn't mean to threaten him", Death replied, "I was startled to find him here in Baghdad because I have an appointment with him in Damascus".'

Flee one Death, meet another. It's all the same to Humakt.

Cheers, Nick