RE: Re: Humakti mini-comment

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:06:19 -0400

David Cake said :

> Yes. While Humakti honour is an important part of their
> makeup, there is a tendency to make that the central element of their
> religion and avoid the potentially frightening death worship idea.

I suspect that there are Humakti like this too. I think there are elements in the Humakt cult who treat Humakt more as a god of honour and warfare than the god of death. These are certainly elements of the "big Humakt" makeup but most people are very uncomfortable with the more general death aspect. There may very well be whole temples of Humakt made up of warriors who are just really good, dedicated warriors with a strict sense of honour. Imagine the wacky fun if one of the "deadicated" Humakti (pun intended) pays a call! Something like a bunch of wine swilling, women chasing monks being visited by the Inquisition.

Humakt is sort of like Orlanth in that his big aspect Death is hard for individuals to embrace so they grasp at smaller things like weapon excellence, warfare and honour-easier concepts to take hold of.

Oliver