Humakti are sociopaths

From: David Ford <diadochi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:53:38 +0100

> Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:24:03 -0000
> From: "nichughes2001" <nick.hughes_at_...>
>Subject: Re: Humakti acceptability
>
> > Keith wrote:
> >
> > > As an aside, am I the only Glorantha fan who thinks that Humakt
>is
> > one of the
> > > most tedious cults that recieves an incredible amount of
>bandwidth
> > for the
> > > relatively few psychopathic and dangerous fanatics who are in the
> > thrall of
> > > Death?

<snip>

>[1] Sociopathic might be a more appropriate term, they are perfectly
>rational and consistent just utterly at odds with the society around
>them.

I thought psychopath and sociopath were the same, both people with antisocial personality disorder.

Not sure either term is useful as they are normally hidden traits. No psychopath can survive once he is found out unless he is head of a dictatorship.

IMHO Humakti are more like bomb disposal experts and snipers, weird and cold, but known and
thus grudgenly accepted. I think the mental illness bit (of Humakti) is overplayed in the modern interpretation of Glorantha.

David

---