Re: Re: A little Elmal question

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:54:05 +0200

Jeff Kyer wrote
> Elmal was one of the few gods who managed to live through the
> Darkness (along with Urox). But the compromise says that everyone
> must endure those things that they hate and will recieve those things
> that they cherish.

> Elmal is the Sun. The sun MUST go to the Underworld so that the
> surface is darkness for half the time... and the Underworld recieves
> its visit from the Burning.

hmm, I don't have any books in reach to check, but to make sure that I did not miss vital facts:

Elmal is THE sun!?

but since when?
was Yelm the sun, prior to Elmal [if yes, when/how did Elmal got his "job"]?

and how about present day Yelm? what's his job at all? he should have one, since IIRC he belongs to the "50:50"-sharetime compromise [as does Orlanth]...

IMG I always ruled Elmal as the real sun, crossing fingers in the hope that no player would ever ask for Yelm's whereabouts.

--
sorry in case that this all has been already answered,

 Stefan
 Montag, 15:44:07

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de