Re: [ UK Channel 4]

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:00:57 -0000

Graham Robinson wrote:
> Both Claire and I found it a bit disappointing. Lots of interesting
objects/mosiacs/buildings, but practically no information (and much of what there was questionable...)

I did too. There seemed to be so much potential - an anthropologist looks at Barbarian culture to see if he can bring out what history and archaeology cannot, but it never seemed to go anywhere, being more a sort of 'my holiday in Dark Ages locations courtesy of C4'. Still I might watch a couple more to see if this one was just suffering from 'introduction' syndrome.

Shame - nice idea for a series.