Selling Gloranthacon to non-gamers (was: Gloranthacon Re: Lonsisaga)

From: me1stra <melstra_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:20:20 -0000

Yes! :-)
I've been visiting Toronto for the past two years (hrm, wonder why) and I can vouch that it's an awesome place to visit, convention or no. One of the big selling points for Gloranthacon is that Jeff's been able to swing great hotel rates for a 4 star hotel right in the center of Downtown. So it's a great opportunity to see things from a good location without paying through the nose!

And since I'm not quite as knowledgeable about Glorantha as I am about traveling, I'll be setting up a variety of activities from museum visits to more casual "party games." (Heck, there are also some killer stores around including a huge and exclusive mall, the 'world's largest bookstore,' and awesome deals on CD's--don't forget the favorable exchange rate).

Toronto is a "world city" with lots of cultural offerings, excellent public transit, and far less crime than most cities its size. Up until the garbage strike, it was also one of the cleaner "big cities" I've visited, and I'm sure that's quickly getting back to normal.

So, long story short, please tell your girlfriend to email me privately (melstra_at_...) if she needs more convincing. I'm sure she won't be bored. :-)

Hope to see you at the con!
-
Melanie