Drinking [was: Re: Selling Gloranthacon to non-gamers]

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:02:37 -0000

*cough* *mumble* Cider, eh? *shuffles feet* well, you can get some things up here called cider, but they tend to be clear and bubbly, nothing at all like the cider I was introduced to in France (from Brittany or Normandy). If you think hard cider should be murky and thick with flavor I think you'd be disapointed in most of the offerings here.

Mind you, if you are interested in soft cider, drive an hour up the road to Kitchener/Waterloo and go to either the Kitchener or St. Jacobs farmers market and you can buy amazing fresh cider in whatever sized container you want. I refuse to believe that none of those old german farm families ferment the stuff for their own use, but it seems it is something like impossible to sell that style of stuff economically here, sorry.

Now, if you like wine, the Niagra area wineries are getting to be decent, and are also not much more than an hours drive away....but I seem to recall you already live in a wine region, so I don't imagine you feel like checking out much newer and smaller wineries.

Regards;

Bryan