Re: Re: [ UK Channel 4]

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:21:22 -0700

> After seeing last nights program on the Saxons I
> am glad I missed the first. All written
> evidence, actually most evidence was ignored.
> Apparently the native British population all
> became Saxons because Saxons where really cool
> compared to the Romans.

Well, bother, I had hopes for a good program (other lists that I'm on described how woefully inadequate it was as well.

And the Saxons simply *are* cooler than the Romans! Who'd want to spend their time in a heated stone building with tile roof when you can enjoy the wind and smoke (and birdshit, and bugs, and soot) in your hair in a properly thatched wooden one?

RR

RR